Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Looks tight. I'd love to have a unique color but painting a car a new color (& have it look good) would cost way too much.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Great photoshop job!

But IMO, I think the yellow is too light. How about a deeper yellow?

Plus, your name wouldn't make any sense. ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Agree

JDRedline said:
Great photoshop job!

But IMO, I think the yellow is too light. How about a deeper yellow?

Plus, your name wouldn't make any sense. ;)
That yellow makes me want to slap my momma! I think a darker yellow would be much better. If I see a RL in that new sky blue, I'm tradin mine in! :p

-SpikemanRL

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I thought the yellow was going to make me puke before I clicked on the pic, it looks pretty good in yellow. Come to think of it, I used to really like the yellow SC2 'Special-Edition', yea real special, so it shouldn't have suprised me that it looked good in yellow. I'd agree though that it is a bit too bright, but other than that it's sharp! Maybe you can find that same yellow color and give it a shot, that's something Saturn could do even! Paint is so damn expensive... I paid around $600 for my Camaro and it looks like crap after being garage kept for 3 years.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I've always had the worst time with color adjustments like that... I can work a photo real well, did it for 3 years as a job, but can't do that kinda stuff for shit...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
SpikemanII said:
That yellow makes me want to slap my momma! I think a darker yellow would be much better. If I see a RL in that new sky blue, I'm tradin mine in! :p

-SpikemanRL
Hmmm, I couldn't get a sky blue because I tweeked it off of the already tweeked yellow, not the original pure red.

Here is a group shot of the same car that I make to look like a gathering in a parking lot. It's of a yellow Sunfire.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Hey, uh, blu_redline, I know that I don't really have a COPYRIGHT on my pictures and all that, but uh, next time you're going to use them at least say "yeah I yoinked these photos from UrbanMonkeyGod04 to photoshop." I'd appreciate it. That's a little shady that you didn't say anything about where the original photo came from.

I'm disappointed. Oh and uh, also, I'm not crying like a girl, but seriously, I'm not really amused. That's not pleasant of you to say things like that, honestly here blu, let's have a little respect for our fellow board members. I don't jack your shit, you don't jack my shit, I don't talk shit about you, you don't talk shit about me, we're all happy. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
out of all the yellow cars GM puts out, this should have been one of them, MUCH better looking that the 'fire, cavi, monte, or any other yellow cars. the GTO looks decent, but not the type of car i'd take in yellow.

LISTEN UP GM!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Saw a Colbolt SSc in yellow.....Almost the same tint as the one in your pics....Really stood out. Looks good, but think about all the "unwanted" (law enforcement) attention you'd get!!!!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
rip_vw32 said:
Saw a Colbolt SSc in yellow.....Almost the same tint as the one in your pics....Really stood out. Looks good, but think about all the "unwanted" (law enforcement) attention you'd get!!!!
saw it at the car show, and thought it looked good, though the RL would look WAY better in yellow (as long as they didn't still have blue seats :rolleyes: )

about the attention, that's why i have a black car, and since it's a saturn, i've never gotten second looks, except when i got a speeding ticket :mad:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Hey, uh, blu_redline, I know that I don't really have a COPYRIGHT on my pictures and all that, but uh, next time you're going to use them at least say "yeah I yoinked these photos from UrbanMonkeyGod04 to photoshop." I'd appreciate it. That's a little shady that you didn't say anything about where the original photo came from.

I'm disappointed. Oh and uh, also, I'm not crying like a girl, but seriously, I'm not really amused. That's not pleasant of you to say things like that, honestly here blu, let's have a little respect for our fellow board members. I don't jack your shit, you don't jack my shit, I don't talk shit about you, you don't talk shit about me, we're all happy. Thanks.
Uh, since you didn't specify that copyright, they're "yoinkable" Nothing "shady" about it. No where did I claim to have taken the pic, only to have made the car a different color. I have stated before in this forum the copyright procedure. If you want credit on your pics or don't want them F'd with, make the appropriate statement when posting them to the world wide free internet. I have made the proper adjustments to give you credit.

The cry like a girl comment was because the way a girl on here whined and moaned. Once again, if you want control over your pics, the best thing is NOT to post them on the internet, if you do, state claim to ownership.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Ya know, it's not a legal matter here Blu, it's just one of respect. All he's asking is that you make a small mention that you used his pic. You're right, he has no copyright on them, but he's not making a legal claim to them. He's just proud of his work, and feels like he's getting robbed, he's not, I know, but it dosen't take any work just to mention in passing that it's his pic originally! You can defend you decision all day, I'm not really saying your wrong for it, but maybe you just don't care about getting along with him, but if you do, just mention that it's his next time...

The flip side of it is that he shouldn't care if it's just a regular 'ol picture posted up there. It's one thing if it's hardcore photo editing that Blu took and made some claim on, but it was just an easy pic to grab real fast and change the color on it. I wouldn't have cared if it was my pic of my car and garage. Now if it was a complicated, near-artwork-quality compilation, then you have some serious beef. When it's just a regular pic that he could have gotten off the internet anyway, what's the harm. There are a hundred people that can get to the post through Google and use it just the same...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sp00ner said:
Ya know, it's not a legal matter here Blu, it's just one of respect. All he's asking is that you make a small mention that you used his pic. You're right, he has no copyright on them, but he's not making a legal claim to them. He's just proud of his work, and feels like he's getting robbed, he's not, I know, but it dosen't take any work just to mention in passing that it's his pic originally! You can defend you decision all day, I'm not really saying your wrong for it, but maybe you just don't care about getting along with him, but if you do, just mention that it's his next time...

The flip side of it is that he shouldn't care if it's just a regular 'ol picture posted up there. It's one thing if it's hardcore photo editing that Blu took and made some claim on, but it was just an easy pic to grab real fast and change the color on it. I wouldn't have cared if it was my pic of my car and garage. Now if it was a complicated, near-artwork-quality compilation, then you have some serious beef. When it's just a regular pic that he could have gotten off the internet anyway, what's the harm. There are a hundred people that can get to the post through Google and use it just the same...
Here's where I come from on this. Almost what you said Sp00ner. If it is a regular pic that a monkey could have taken with a camera just to show a car, I have and will use those images if no claim of ownership is given. Most people give no thought to photo composition, as can be witnessed by all the other distracting objects in a lot of pics. I don't use images such as the one in this thread because I think they are great or even good, I use them because they contain an image I need for a manipulation, so I give no credence to what the original photographer feels about the pic. I have no way of knowing if it was a quick snap just to capture an image or if it was composed. Most images posted on the 'Net are uncomposed, quick snaps. There are others that obviously have been arranged for the lens, but are still unclaimed - fair game. If someone bitches, I will then re-do and give credit, as in this case. I think that is more than fair.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts