Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had wanted blue so the dealer searched and found a blue one for me.

I got there and saw it. It was blue with a red pin stripe and red saturn logo on the rear bumper (yuck). I was immediately turned off by the red on blue. Plus it had the XM and I didn't want it. It also had the carbon fiber dash kit which I also was not a big fan of and only single CD radio.

HOWEVER..................

They also had a black one there also with the red stripe and rear logo and it looked incredibly sharp!!! I investigate further. I find out that the black one has the stock dash, a six disc changer, no XM and the audio system speaker upgrade (six speakers and a little amp). Cool!!! I tell the sales dude I want the black. Almost the exact same price as the blue so it was cool.

0% interest for five years. I wish I had $2500 to put down on it and knock $40 off my monthly payment but I just got done paying the mortgage and putting money down was not really an option. I am happy with the zero percent (extremely)

The ride home was fun. I had my kids with me so I took it easy and leaned into VERY minimally. It's very quick even trying to take it easy. :p

I can't wait to drive to work in an hour!!! I'll be by myself checking her out and praying for no cops along the way. ;)

The center mounted gauges are gonna take some getting used to. I found myself glancing down through the steering wheel at and empty dash SEVERAL times.

She's a beautiful car. Sure, an SRT-4 may be faster but it sure as hell is ugly. And the Cobalt?.................Looks like a friggin' Honda. The ION RL has sleek look and it's own identity.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go stare at new car for a while and anticipate the drive to work. :D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
congrats man, black in my opinion is the best color, followed closely by blue.

did you get the aero wing with it as well??

best of luck with it dude, ur gonna love it!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xtremesc2 said:
congrats man, black in my opinion is the best color, followed closely by blue.

did you get the aero wing with it as well??

best of luck with it dude, ur gonna love it!

Nah, regular spoiler.

I love it already. :D

I had a blast driving to work. I scared the shit out of myself a couple of times. I've been driving a 2000 SL for four years so this is quite a change. ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
congrats, you'll love it! mine's black, very hard to keep clean but I love how the color matches the rims when its clean!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
xtremesc2 said:
i hear ya totally man, going from 124 to 205 is not exactly a small step, haha.

And let's not forget the jump in torque. :D

Jeez, this thing will move.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
paintedblack said:
congrats, you'll love it! mine's black, very hard to keep clean but I love how the color matches the rims when its clean!

Hell yeah!

The red pin stripe and red rear bumper Satty logo look sharp as hell too on mine!!!

Damn, what am I doing on the computer? I'm gonna go drive it!!! See ya. :D :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts