Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right, my dealer just called to tell me the bad news. He has been following my order, and was wondering why it hasnt been built yet. Apparently, there was some meeting or what not, and ALL production of the redline "tuner coupes" (i.e. comp. package) has be ceased. He does not know why, as he only talked to a CSR at saturn, but he will be digging around tomorrow and giving me a phone call as soon as he finds anything.

The 'tenative' re-start date is around march 21st....another @#)*(% month for my car. Im about ready to just say the hell with it and go get my 05 srt.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
just buy a redline and add that crap later.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Keebler said:
Thats right, my dealer just called to tell me the bad news. He has been following my order, and was wondering why it hasnt been built yet. Apparently, there was some meeting or what not, and ALL production of the redline "tuner coupes" (i.e. comp. package) has be ceased. He does not know why, as he only talked to a CSR at saturn, but he will be digging around tomorrow and giving me a phone call as soon as he finds anything.

The 'tenative' re-start date is around march 21st....another @#)*(% month for my car. Im about ready to just say the hell with it and go get my 05 srt.
So after its built, how long will it be until you get it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buy a redline, and then pay MORE to install the lsd and whatnot? i dont have 1400+ just to drop on parts when they come avaibale. its cheaper and easier for me, and almost everyone, to have them installed from the factory, and just financed into the car loan.

he didnt say how long it would be, but he did say if it "was" built last week, i wouldve been driving it to work this morning.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Keebler said:
buy a redline, and then pay MORE to install the lsd and whatnot? i dont have 1400+ just to drop on parts when they come avaibale. its cheaper and easier for me, and almost everyone, to have them installed from the factory, and just financed into the car loan.

he didnt say how long it would be, but he did say if it "was" built last week, i wouldve been driving it to work this morning.

I have an '04 and the LSD would be so worth waiting for but if they're delayed indefinately, it might not be such a good idea.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Get a damn used one. If you look in auto trader there are 5 or 6 already. Then you add the 1400 and your still under the 05 comp package price.

·
Registered
189 Posts
OK I am no definite about this but when my Saturn Dealer gave me the information about the beggining date for the competition package as 2/14/05 there was also some information about some weeks in the month of february were the factory was not going to produce cars because of lack of sales and they didn't want to overproduced cars and they would take a break of producing in some weeks, maybe that's what's happening to your built competition package redline maybe they started to built but it fell on one of those weeks. I can't confirmed this but ask your dealer if he knows about this but the information that the local GM gave was internal saturn information so it might be right

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Keebler said:
The 'tenative' re-start date is around march 21st....
I just called someone I know who works at the plant here in Spring Hill, and he confirmed the info you received. There have been a few weeks recently in which there were NO cars built at all. Sales are just slow right now and there are already too many cars sitting on dealer's lots.

The problem specific to the Redline is a transmission related issue and no Redlines are scheduled to be built until at least March 23rd. It may even be after that depending on how many weeks they go without building any cars at all. The Cobalt also has a number of unsolved quality issues as well.

Also, the projected build date for the first saleable Redline Tuner Coupe with the Competition Package is April 11th. However, this may get pushed back for the same reason as stated above.

I'm really bummed!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Oh, man! I had a hard enough time waiting until 14 Feb :(

Has anyone heard about a redline with the comp pkg actually getting out to the street? I'd be interested in hearing a review...

Signals said:
I
Also, the projected build date for the first saleable Redline Tuner Coupe with the Competition Package is April 11th. However, this may get pushed back for the same reason as stated above.
You mean the first delivered to fill an order or the first to go out to a dealer as stock?

·
Registered
196 Posts
bbrazil said:
You mean the first delivered to fill an order or the first to go out to a dealer as stock?
Not sure. All I know is that none are currently being built. They are waiting for transmissions to be shipped in. There was a cold weather noise (growl) issue that needed to be fixed first.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
considering my order was placed the day my dealer found out about it, im kinda peeved. ive been waiting for a new car since nov (caught wind of the cobalt ss), then the redline. and the 0% i had 'locked' in with my saturn dealer wont be valied after march 31st, so im screwed.

i do have some good news, however. i should be getting my orange blast srt-4 tomorrow or thursday. not at the financing i had with saturn, but not far off either. im tired of waiting, and the srt was my 2nd choice anyways.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The dealers i have talked to said they wouldn't get one till mid-summer and that they wouldn't add the comp. package on a 2004. This is what they told me. Don't kill the messenger!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
honestly, i wouldnt put it past gm if they pushed it back further. the cobalt ss is 'supposed' to debut in a few weeks/april time frame as well. you can almost bet on the 'peformance' package that adds the lsd and recaro seats to be delayed on it as well. it just makes me mad i couldve had one of the first 'tuner coupes' if my dealer had placed the order for it a month ago, when i let them know about it. c'est la vie!

·
Registered
327 Posts
RLnewbie said:
The dealers i have talked to said they wouldn't get one till mid-summer and that they wouldn't add the comp. package on a 2004. This is what they told me. Don't kill the messenger!
Dealers getting them in mid-summer is fine... As long as we can order them before then...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts