·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats bad about it?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I dont think its bad??? i beat allot of redlines that didnt have it done and i did. But thats just me talking. I noticed. when i used to get beat by my friends mustang by like two cars, i plugged it and i regain the two car lead and then sum. I only plug when i used to race. But now i just leave it in connected when driving to work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
There's some potential there. I'd say do some more research. A 2 psi increase isn't that much in the big scheme of things when dealing with boosted motors. Could someone give me some insight on what that solenoid does and what it controls?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
This is a long standing thing. That mod came from a person's website, who is a member here. It's old. It dosen't work right. If Colin thinks it does, then that's his opinion, most people here will tell you it does nothing other than confuse the hell outta the car.

Clownhair's mod was a direct results of many failed attempts and arguing over how to trick the computer. That particular solenoid checks for the presence of vacuum or boost in the manifold. When it see vacuum, it pops open and allows the vacuum to control the blower bypass, it dosen't do anything beyond that. Sound right, people who know?

·
Registered
679 Posts
explain when it was pluged the two cars i pulled on a moded redline???
Or my 14.20's
I know its my opinion or something of my imagination. But ask the redline owner thats on this site that got pulled by two cars. hell i posted the run. I asked the mr-2 guys the 1st gen that are Supercharged and svt lightning guys they say yes. why then???
if it didnt work why................im srry spooner but if the glove dont fit your fulla shit.

Srry im kinda in a bad mood today. didnt mean to take it out on ya spooner.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
First... unless you're stock, or the other car had identical mods... it means nothing at all.

Second... you are the ONLY person, that I'm aware of, that says it works. I also have the complete schematics of the vacuum lines that run the supercharger, along with a few other odds and ends. If you look at the same info that I have, and you're smart, you'll come to the same conclusion.

The mod that Clownhair has posted IS the mod that you're talking about. Not the 'pull the vacuum line and stick a golf tee in it' mod. You've played with the car, there's not ONE OUNCE OF BOOST that makes it past that line to the actual blower. Give it a shot, hook up your boost gauge to the line past the solenoid. You'll see that it's an open and close solenoid. You will read 0 on the gauge untill you let off the gas, then it will plunge into vacuum. Thats to give you part throttle driveability.

The actual limiter works differently than this particular mod will allow to be effective...

Go ahead and explain to me how that solenoid controls the boost. You'll quickly find that there's NO way for it to. All that thing does is allow the vacuum from the manifold suck open the bypass when you're crusing. If it allowed boost through, the vaccuum canister would pop....

·
Registered
679 Posts
the car had full exhaust and a real intake -the header and psi mod. and w/ a wicked exhaust leak too. my butt dyno works..... the car lengths dont lie. its not just 1 redline either its 3 that i have raced. just for fun tho im not a canibal.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I really dont care how many it was. Drivers could account for 1/2 the distance, or more, alone. Please explain to me how the boost mod that you have done works. That's all I'm asking... I was real careful not to say that you were dead wrong and it dosen't work. If that's what it requires, so be it. Explain to me, and the others that did the leg work, how that boost mod works. Simple as that... then we'll compare notes... you really want to go through it? Like I said, if you think it works, good for you. Enjoy it. I was answering the posters question, to the best of my ability. You don't like it, don't read my answer.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can't this mod relate to putting a resistor on the IAT? Like how the resistor confuses the computer to think it's at optimal conditions? There's always been debates over that.

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
do i have to re post the dyno chart of my redline with this mod done to it

i know the older member might remember it, it was a said day in my life, which i thought i would never have to speak of again, but if u guys are gonna grip about this working or not working than i will post it. but i am gonna say this and hopefully i will not have to mention #'s because they make me sad. the mod works (technically) when the line is plugged i gained about 7-10 HP on the dyno. well actually lets say this, i went to the dyno with the mod done, dynoed LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! un did the mod and dynoed LOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so do the mod if you want but i will NOT recommend it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if it does to you what it did on my car well you will be upset. trust me i was, and i got the dyno chart to prove it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts