Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Yup, another nub.

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Keebler 
#1 ·
Hey all, I am some-what active on the cobaltss.net forums, but grew tired of waiting for the ss to finally come out. so, i decided to go with the redline, same car, but i can get it now, vice who knows when. I will try my best to search the forums for questions I already have about the redline, so please, if I ask a question thats been asked before, do point me in the right direction :) thanks!

#2 ·
WELCOME! and SMART CHOICE! 2 door cars Suck! 4 door's is where it's at! LOL!

#6 ·
Keebler said:
Hey all, I am some-what active on the cobaltss.net forums, but grew tired of waiting for the ss to finally come out. so, i decided to go with the redline, same car, but i can get it now, vice who knows when. I will try my best to search the forums for questions I already have about the redline, so please, if I ask a question thats been asked before, do point me in the right direction :) thanks!
Good choice. I prefer the RL looks and interior over the cobalt. (sat in one at the auto show).

#8 ·
and it's lighter, and you won't be crying over your first door ding, congrats and welcome

#9 ·
Thanks!

well, i like the full frame vice the uni-body anyays. much safer and whatnot. and i did look at an srt, but i wasn't impressed. it has more hp stock, and they did offer the pcm upgrade, which takes you up to 300hp, but, then you are talking about getting a new manifold and all that jazz. im not looking to spend 5k before the 5kmile mark, nawmean?

but i took the test drive in the srt and the redline. the only thing i like more about the srt, is the sunburst orange color, but thats it. the interior felt, weird, i didnt like the shifter, nor did i like the gearbox or steering wheel. so all in all, im placing my order for my 05 black onyx redline as soon as the comp. package is available. it also didnt help that the dealer admitted people bringing in their srt's to the shop to keep them running nice. haha.
its also nice seeing a dealer punch the crap out of one of the doors, and nothing was scratched or dented.
but, im having second thoughts, because the aura is comming out in june...and that thing looks sweeeeeet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.