Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone aware if the zzp cold air intake is 50 state legal or if I'll be able to pass smog with it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
They have not had it tested or submitted for approval with a carb number so no. It should pass smog as far as emissions go but if you are in a state like CA or NY it may fail visual inspection. I’m in CA and it’s the reason I have not got it. But I have also read the stock airbox is super efficient and already delivers cold air to our cars. But I also hear you can really hear the supercharger whine with a CAI.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have not had it tested or submitted for approval with a carb number so no. It should pass smog as far as emissions go but if you are in a state like CA or NY it may fail visual inspection. I’m in CA and it’s the reason I have not got it. But I have also read the stock airbox is super efficient and already delivers cold air to our cars. But I also hear you can really hear the supercharger whine with a CAI.
Thanks for all the info man I did buy one I don't mind having to switch to stock one for test or anything just wanted to know if I had to I live in cali aswell maybe and you do get to hear that supercharger a lot more sounds amazing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmm let me know if you have any issues with smog testing. Or is it pretty easy to switch back and forth between the two?

·
Boost get some.
3,261 Posts
In Texas we don't run in to any problems getting our emissions test done with intakes on the car. If you have access to hp tuner you can correct any problems or really delete a code if you had to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh it’s not a tuning issue. Literally here if you have a cai that is not carb (the state government’s smog arm) approved with an eo code than a smog check, especially a star station here can fail you. I had a catted down pipe from zzp on an Ion I owned and it failed smog because despite how the car ran and the emissions being good, the cat was not certified for the car. If they can tell the intake is not stock or carb certified they can fail you it’s lame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts