Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything i have found and read about the two is about =. Ive read that zzp is making improvements and getting better. nothing i have read is towards the good or the bad towards ****. Im buying a stage kit in the next week or so after my car gets back from the body shop. I had made up my mind to use zzp, after calling and leaving messages 3 times and never hearing anything back im starting to rethink who im buying from. Ill be sending in my pcm since the oklahoma tunner hasnt pm back i dont know anyone in the area to tune. Other ? is fuel injecters, i have the money for 60's but i pretty sure im going with 3 inch pully so do i need 60s? says for 60s be running a 2.8 but need header and other supporting mods, plus being a daily driver i dont wanna kill my super charger with just driving around town. I plan later on down the road to keep tweaking and playing with the car it just wont be for a year or so. and input i would appreciate. Also anyone else have the fuell pump recall and have it changed out yet?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm In the same boat as you. Shoot me over a PM and we can talk about the experiance iv had with ****. Both good companys and iv bought from both but I think for what your doing I have the right idea for you.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill shoot you a pm when I get back home be about 20 min. But why go with o.t.t.p. the z.z.p. kit comes with everything else included in the sell price?

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
I haven't dealt w/ zzp, but I have dealt w/ 0ttp & they are a great company, & very knowledgable w/ our cars. I would go w/ 0ttp. :) I hope I don't get banned for that. :worried:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read about the banned thing. This is a discussion forum for ppl with are cars to get the best for them and know all your optains in modding your car with the best resaults. Is that what all the ***********s have been for? Why isn't zzp ** out? Sorry lol new guy trying to learn alil

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
Uuuuh yeah, tell that to the people who run this site & zzp is a vendor here sooo no astricks, I guess members talk about 0ttp too much & the admin. thinks it's hurting vendor business, But idk. I do know w/ that title, they will be watching this thread. :zlurking:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well only reason I know of **** is a banner on here but oh well lol so two for. O and 0 for zzp

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I have dealt with both and I prefer zzp. Either way though youll need to dial in that tune so go with the cheaper one and find someone with hptuners. Check the cobalt ss .net forums for more tuners in your area to help you.

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
both great companies. i deal with both on a regualr basis. if i ever had a problem it was handeled perfectly from both companies. nothing but thumbs up for both from me....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay so from this whats the ideas on pullys and injecters next mod after kit is probl going to be header down pipe, after that cold air. how much does it normal run for a tune from someone with hp tunners? i know it will change with there skills in doing so but i have found two places locale who will do it for a grand, this includes dyno so it mite be a good deal, but dunno.

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
I am actually running & have been for a couple years on a tune from 0ttp. I can't remember the exact price, but it was like around $200.00 for the bcm from them, you just call them & tell them what mods you have & they will tune it to your mods. & if you send them back your stock bcm, they will give you like $100.00 back. & I have had no issues at all & I love the difference over stock

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
I would drive to someone with extensive experience tuning the LSJ, I've seen way too many times local tuner shops charging way too much for what turns out to be a bad tune in the end. How far are you from St.Louis ? If I were within a couple hours I would go have area47 tune my car...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im thinking im about 3 to 4 hours away from st. Sending the bcm is my best bet because with doing the core charge deal from what ive read is the have to have it unlocked with hp tunners for security or something along those lines.

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
Never heard nothing like that, I ordered it, they sent it to me, installed it, & I was good to go. You have to do the whole relearn thing w/ the car though, took a 1/2 hour. I didn't even send my stock bcm back, incase I want to go back to stock someday.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We will send you a pcm to install in your car. The $150 core charge is refundable, we will refund the money after we have recieved your stock pcm. By selecting this option you will need to get a security and crank sensor relearn done.
guess all that can be done without hp tunners

·
THE LEGEND
2,603 Posts
Yeah, me & hondahater did it right in my garage. You turn the key off then on, leave it in the on position for 10 min. then repeat 2 more times, relearned. There's threads on all this stuff here if you do the right search's, The search engine here is very finicky, like a woman.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I never did try to seach the relearn. I just figured that about a week to mail mine in and get it back with all the parts, that would give me more than enough time to pull everything apart and clean and make sure nothing else goes wrong. So im leaning towards zzp get more for your dollar k&n drop in filter plugs pully is not extra so forth thank you all for your help. 60`s or 42`s is all thats left now

1 - 20 of 82 Posts